So that was my "bucket list" for summer. Here's my realistic expectations list:
1. I will sit on my porch. Old or new, I will sit on my porch and drink iced coffee and work on my writing or reading or mathing.
2. I will actually probably get the calculus thing done.
3. I will run. I'm reaching the point where I don't feel like I'm going to die 30 seconds after I start running. And funny thing--considering I carry 40 pounds too many, give or take--I don't hurt. I am really taking it slow. Slooooow.
4. I will sit in the air conditioning and complain about the heat. This will be often enough to qualify as its own activity.
5. I will plan, and replan, and replan, a vacation for next summer to the Grand Canyon--And Beyond! (I just wanted to write that).
6. I will gripe at children to put their things away/clean up their food/get off the screens/go to bed. Again, often enough to be its own line-item.
7. I will binge-watch several shows on Netflix. My binge-watching is more like obsessive watching--I don't watch all of a season in one day or something like that, but I will watch one thing to the exclusion of all others. No matter what it is--MASH, Voyager, Luther, 3rd Rock from the Sun, etc. Only that and nothing else until it's done. I'm also weird about "done." I tend to never watch final episodes. I just can't.
8. I will knit with my typical ADHD.
9. I will half-heartedly plan for the school year and then have a huge burst of energy in that department around August 5.
10. I will take naps.
Oooh, that's a good list. Especially #1, #2, and #10. And of course, I'm always in favour of planning holidays (#5). You get to take the holiday in your mind many times before actually setting off.ReplyDelete
#10 is my favorite!ReplyDelete
Wow, not watch the final episode? I kinda get that, but I could never practice it!ReplyDelete