Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I wish

Sometimes I get writing prompts in my email. Actually, I get them every week. But sometimes I read them. And sometimes I am struck by them enough to write something. It is spring break and the "ten on tuesday" I got was lame (ten ways you celebrate St. Patrick's Day!). But the other email prompt included this.

I wish. But I am:

I wish that I would get my act together all over my life. But I keep striving.

I wish I had been braver earlier. But I am brave now.

I wish I hadn't looked away then. But I am seeing now.

I wish I could adjust to change without scarring myself in the process. But rough edges get ground down each time and I learn something from them.

I wish I could convince myself I'm good enough. Or just enough. But other people see it.

I wish I had better teeth. But I do have good eyes.

I wish I could trust myself each time I need to, before I really have to. But when I do, I find I'm always right to do so.

I wish my room were cleaner. (This one is my fault, yeah).

I wish I could be the best version of my best self, always. But I fall and get back up.

I wish I didn't feel so damned broken all the time. But we all are and saying that out loud is key to connecting.

I wish I found faith a simple thing to do. But when I have those moments, they are powerful.

I wish I could fix all the things. But I can't; perhaps I can heal just this one piece.

I wish I could find what I am seeking. But when I rest from searching, I realize I am already found.

I wish some things were better. But things are I am pretty good the way they are I am.

1 comment:

  1. This one is the one that spoke to me. "I wish I didn't feel so damned broken all the time. But we all are and saying that out loud is key to connecting."

    We all are.

    ReplyDelete