Bixby and I will have been married for 20 years this summer. I think back to 1996 and how life was so long ago. So very long ago.
1. Even though I am not a photographer for Bon Appetit or Southern Living, I take pictures of food. Like, dinner last night kind of food, not a gingerbread house or something like that. Everyday normal deer and rice.
2. I take these photos with my phone.
3. I can view them immediately without using a darkroom.
4. I publicly post said pictures on websites for other users to enjoy and comment on.
5. On such public websites, I am friends with people from around the country and world--this isn't so odd, since I had rudimentary connections to people online back in 1996, but get this: I'm friends with dead people. Two of them.
Moving away from technology and into my real life:
6. I wash boots before I go into a cave.
7. A group of farmers tells me what to eat each week.
8. I drink milk out of glass bottles, like it's 1950.
9. I buy my bras in England.
10. I teach middle school math.
^That. That one. That one doesn't make any sense. Everything else, I think my 1996 self could extrapolate or at least accept. But that. That one was a choice, deliberately made. Huh?